Please submit resumes to email@example.com
The Design Engineer designs, drafts layouts and drawings of device components, assemblies and systems from specifications, source control drawings, sketches, models, prototypes or verbal instructions for both new and existing product design.
- Reviews customer source control drawings, specification control drawings and other applicable specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of product.
- Draws rough sketches and performs mathematical computations to develop design and work out detailed specifications of components.
- Applies knowledge of mathematical formulas and physical laws and uses conventional and computerized work aids to make calculations.
- Performs preliminary and advanced work in the development of working layouts and final master drawings, adequate for detailing parts and units of design for new proposals and current designs.
- Makes revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create practical design drawings.
- Participates in engineering and general design reviews as required.
- Prepares acceptance test procedures and assembly instructions.
- Assists with the preparation of proposal documentation, technical data such as qualification test procedures, reports, component maintenance manuals, etc.
- Ensures designs studies, tolerance stack-ups, layouts, drawings, calculations, weight estimates, supporting documentation, etc., are completed on CAD or other computer applications.
- Keeps relevant associates advised of work status, work load, problems and progress as related to work assignments.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of two years of related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
In addition, also requires:
- Technical Capacity
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis