Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
The project accountant works under immediate supervision and acts as back-up for the accounting function by assisting with the analysis of financial information and the preparation of all financial reports, including, balance sheet, profit and loss, etc. In addition, the incumbent is instrumental in analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses as well as processing purchase orders, disbursements and other miscellaneous tasks related to accounting.
- Calculates hours of work for resource planning and maintains the information in Excel.
- Processes timesheets and employee payroll through Tri Net.
- Processes invoices and payments to independent consultants.
- Processes purchase orders and maintains purchase order logs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assists with the filing of sales and use taxes.
- Prepares client bills on a twice monthly basis and ensures credit card charges made on behalf of clients are appropriately applied.
- Processes expense reports in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Files, orders supplies and performs miscellaneous duties as requested.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of an associate’s degree in Accounting is required – a bachelor’s degree is preferred – and a minimum of two years’ experience in a support role in an Accounting department is required OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate skill with the Microsoft Office suite of products is required;
- Knowledge of SAP, a plus.
- Should be detail oriented;
- Capable of entering data quickly and accurately;
- Possess excellent time management skills; and
- General math skills.